Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tomato Cucumber Salad

I can relate VERY well to the feeling of not wanting to cook on a lazy day. This recipe is for my usual go-to dish on days like that for a few reasons: it's cheap, fast, very healthy and DELICIOUS. I especially like making it during the summer, but it's great all year round. I think I got my idea for it from when I went to Israel and they served yogurt and veggies at almost every meal, so I just mixed them together. The veggies are filling and the greek yogurt adds protein so it could make a great snack between meals or could be a dinner side.

Yield: 1 big (or 2 small) servings

1 cucumber (with or without peel, whichever you prefer)
1 tomato (I like the flavor of plum)
3 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt **
salt
ground cumin

**for a vegan version, use a little bit less of soy yogurt because it's not as thick

1. Chop cucumber and tomato into approx. 1/4-1/2" pieces.
2. Add greek yogurt and mix. Add salt and cumin to taste (probably close to 1/4tsp)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you have ideas, questions, comments, etc. feel free to email us at vagabondvegan@gmail.com.